CAA's 2023 New Careers Advisers Induction Program
This 2-Day training program is essential for Careers Advisers who are new to the role of high school Careers Adviser in the past two years. Content is delivered by highly experienced Careers Advisers as well as educators from the NSW Department of Education and the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).
Topics to be covered include:
- The Role & Responsibilities of the Career Adviser;
- Framework for Career Education in High Schools;
- A Careers Adviser's Calendar & Timing Priorities;
- Programming, lesson plans and lesson resources;
- Student Interviews & Discussions;
- Student Engagement Strategies;
- Tertiary Entry: EAS; SRS; HSC v ATAR Rules;
- Whole School Careers Programs;
- Evaluating Your Careers Service;
- Raising the Profile of Careers in the School & Engaging With Executive;
- Resources: What's available to make your life easier and assist you in your Careers Advising role.
Venue: UTS Aerial Function Centre, Sydney. This event is NOT ONLINE, you must attend in person.
Cost: $275 for attendance at both days. This fee is not reduced if delegates choose to only attend 1 day of the program.
Hear from over 15 industry bodies about pathways, new and emerging careers, skill shortages, and student opportunities for employment / work / study. ...